Saturday, April 23, 2011

RESURRECTION DAY PONDERINGS

RESURRECTION DAY PONDERINGS

I love fun. I love to see smiles on any aged face. When I was a kid, I loved Easter egg hunts. I still love "finding things." I like games, treasure hunts, and researching a few things. However, sometime in my adulthood, I learned where the egg hunt tradition came from...........It was from paganism, like most of our holiday traditions of men.   I wish that during our celebration,  that we say is about the death, burial, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, whom we call, "Lord,"  that we at least post and teach a disclaimer, saying something like: "We are having an Easter egg hunt for you, because we love to see you happy and having fun.  BUT, we especially want you to know that this is NOT what this season is about."  Then go on to tell them, plainly, what it IS about.  However, Paganism is darkness, and The Word of God says, "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them." Eph. 5:11

The Word says that we are the apple of His eye. Is He the egg in ours? I know many will not like this, but I have held back saying what's been in my heart for a long time. This year, Love constrains me to just say it. I love you all. I love, adore and worship Him.

I have been there, done that too. And most seem to still think it is ok. That is between them and God. I have to be true to what I "hear." I have been hearing things contrary to many traditions for a long time.

Ecclesiastes says that there is a time for every purpose under the sun. This is my time to speak what is in my heart. I must. It has been there so long it hurts. I had to get it out.

No comments: