Thursday, December 2, 2010

PRAY FOR THE PEACE OF JERUSALEM

I have heard for years, "Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem."  But, whenever I have tried to, it just hasn't flowed. I have pondered this for many years.  I have never heard anyone present this directive in any other way than to pray for that little city that is geographically located in the Middle East


I have been believing for quite a long while that there is a Jerusalem within us, and that it is this Jerusalem we are to pray for.   We are a city set on a hill.  The word, Jerusalem means The City of Peace.  It is in the midst of Israel, and The Church is, spiritually, Israel.........as in,
1 Peter 2:9 ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light;

Some  say not to talk to family members about the things of God.  Just be quiet and live it before them.   There are many scriptures about quietness and stillness.   "Stand still and see the salvation of God."   "I shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace."  There are many.   However, there are also many about speaking The Word.   "Teach these things to your children, when you rise up and when you lie down and when you walk in the way."   "Be instant in season and out of season."  There are many.



Good friends that love God and me,  say  people should not preach to their loved ones. I keep hearing The Lord say, "My Word shall not come back to me void." And,  I keep hearing Him say,  "Listen to me.  Trust me."  

  I believe that the enemy is the one saying to be quiet, in the wrong context.   The quiet, and the silence is to be in us, In our Jerusalem. In our city of Peace. But in the world outside, we are to speak up.   The majority of our kids are running headlong into Hell, but we won't speak The Word to them, because they may be offended and never repent. I am being convinced that we have been WRONG!    It is within our temple that Peace has to dwell, when we  speak The Word.

A while back, I asked someone, "Which had you rather hear about if you had to choose one, about the church, or about The Word?"  They said, "The Word."
Last night my pastor said that the church needs to leave the building, and then, that Christ was crucified outside The City.  I saw that it is not just our inner Jerusalem that we are to pray peace for, it is the Church.  Jesus said, "You are a city set on a hill," It is us as a whole (The Church).When the folks in the geographical Jerusalem, see the corporate peace in the midst of the church, the whole world will see Him.....The Prince of Peace........ruling and reigning in the midst of our "City," Jerusalem.
Zechariah 12:10
And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-11 (in Context) Zechariah 12 (Whole Chapter)

So when the church leaves THE  BUILDING (and the unbelievers in it),  and goes out into the highways and byways to bring them in, they will come in, and the house will be full.  And we who have sought Him and studied His Word, can serve these poor, hungry and dry  "dregs of society," from The Master's banquet table.  
Matt. 8:8   Speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.  For years, this has been ringing in my "ears".


Some of the young, perhaps most of them, do not like to read, so they need to hear.  It is fear that holds us back. We look at their faces, and "speculate,"  what they will think or do, or not do. Jeremiah was instructed,"Do not look at their faces, less I confound you before them."



The conclusion of the matter is: Pray for the peace of the Jerusalem within. Go out into the world and speak The Word with boldness, and bring the harvest in. It is ready. Spiritual Armageddon has begun.  


Ecclesiastes 11:4
"He that observes the wind shall not sow."  Don't folks come to church wanting to see a manifestation of The Spirit, and
to feel something? and "He that regards the clouds shall not reap." One meaning of "cloud" is thick copious clay.   It is us. We sit in church and observe the wind of The Spirit, and we watch what others are doing.  We are to go into the world and preach the gospel of The Kingdom.  We were not meant to be observers, but to be observed.  What is the world seeing?


No comments: