Saturday, December 4, 2010

What Does God's Word Say The Seed Is?

It got to the point in my "learning" to hear God's voice, that I was sure He was speaking to me, every time I would hear someone speak of sowing  a seed of any amount of "money," into this or that ministry, and expecting a "hundred fold," or more, return from God.  I kept "hearing" in my spirit, "The seed is not money!"  The Word of God calls money, "filthy lucre."  Consider the following:

Titus 1:11
Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
1 Peter 5:2
Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

I began asking God about sowing.  I also searched The Word.  So far, I have not found one single place, where the "seed" is speaking of "money."

I learned that the seed is three things:  1. The Word of God   2.  Jesus, The Son of God   3. The children of The Kingdom. 

Anyone that has seen seed used in another context, in The Word, please leave the reference in the comments section.

Next time, I would like to share some things about sowing and reaping.  Have a blessed weekend.

Marie

2 comments:

Marie Duncan said...

Theophilus made a comment that I clicked to PUBLISH, but it got deleted instead. Here is that comment. I hope this works. Theophilus said:

My experience is similar to yours. After listening carefully to actually hear what was being said by those who preach "seed is money" and realizing they meant exactly what they were saying, I distinctly heard the Word of God refuting that doctrine and reiterating the Truth that "the seed is the word of God". It cannot be both, one is true, the other is false. God's Word is Truth, ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Marie Duncan said...

Thank you for taking the time to comment Theophilus.